Sunday, July 23, 2006

are you listening?

I'm now in Vienna.
Properly.

I've been a bit sick the last few days with a stomach bug and I went out on the turps last night, so I felt shabby the entire day. It was only a 50km ride, but I'm really tired from it. It should have been nice and easy, but felt long and difficult. I waited until 3pm for a storm to break and/or pass, which it didn't. So rather than waiting longer I left at 3 and sure enough 30 minutes into the ride the big nasty black clouds dropped their goodness on me. This cooled everything down for a while and made for a rather pleasant scoot through the Austrian countryside. But the real challenge was finding where I'm staying in Vienna, which took longer than I thought it would.

Thanks to Clara, Gerlinda, Felix and Paul for letting me cook them food and sleep under their roof. I really enjoyed my time with the family and I think I'll probably see them again while I'm here in Vienna.

By the way, I'm on the hunt for a place here in the city to rent for a month or so. I'm thinking a room in a shared flat (no houses here), or a small bedsit somewhere central. This will not only allow me to rest for a bit, it will give me some personal space and an address to send ebay stuff to. I'm really hanging for some new music, maybe even a collection of Adelaide stuff to give it to the radio types I'm trying ever so hard to be one of. So if you are reading this and think that your music tastes are of a superior nature, put a mix cd together and get ready to post it my way. The address will be published here as soon as I know it.

I'll write more about my adventures tomorrow when I don't feel so drained.

No comments: